Sex Possibilities:  Standard (M/F)
Stature:  -
Yield:  -
Odor Level:  -
Odor Description:  -
Taste Level:  -
Taste Description:  -
  Breeder's Description - 'Orange Bud'

A 100% Skunk selection, grows with thick hard buds and orange pistils. A very appreciated variety.

THC = 16.5%, CBD 0.3%

Grower reports: 4
  Grower Report: cannad Orange Bud from Dutch Passion
Overall Rating: 7 Effect: Somewhat heady
Potency: 8 Stature: Somewhat tall and lanky
Yield: 6 Phenotype: Mixed, primarily Sativa
Ease: 6 Indoor: 55 to 60 days
Appearance: 7 Outdoor: -
Odor Level: 8 Odor: Pine/dry Skunk smell
Taste Level: 8 Taste: Dry Skunk with a citrus hint
Grower's Tils: 6 Sexes: Slightly hermaphroditic
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: February, 003

I started 5 beans out of a bag of Orange Bud "regular" (m/f) seeds.
Four of them where males and one died early so I had to start the remaining 5. One seed did not sprout but 4 did it. Vegged for 35 days, first week under 72 watt fluoro light, then under a 400 watt Grolux wich was used also for the flowering stage.Vegged until 14" (35 cm) then switched to 12/12, they stretched a lot, finishing to be (even tied down a bit...) over 1.2 meters tall each (50" and over...).
I was not very happy with those seeds: I also had a bag of "Skunk #1" with them who revealed fatal genetic problems,probably just an unlucky stock as all the Orange Bud females showed hermie bananas...

After 2 week the plants showed the sex: 3 females on 4 plants and all doin' good. I was very impressed about the growth vigour the plants shown till that moment, very fast growing, bushy and sane looking plants. At the 4th week of flowering I started to notice male bananas on all the 3 female left... 2 of them were chopped after 38 days of flowering due to too many bananas, the other one had bananas-cuttings every day till day 56 of flowering then was chopped. Anyway I found 8-10 seeds in the buds...
Two of the plants were grown in soil (Plagron mix), Canna ferts (Terra Vega + Flores + ph 13-14), pH of the solutions was 6.5.
One was grown in Canna Coco, with Canna a+b for ferts,Cannazym, pk 13-14 and a ph of 6.0 in vegetative stage and 5.75-5.80 during flowering from the 2nd week of 12/12.
I had only 1 "pheno": the hermie big stretcher pheno, but the plant that flowered for 56 days was good both in resin production and in potency, with a dry skunk/pine smell that revealed some citrus orange backgrounds when cured (15-20 days). Although I had only hermies I can tell you that the one I smoked was really potent. If you are lucky enough to find a good resiner pheno with no hermie traits you should keep it as a mother... I don't like hermies much so I think I won't grow those beans again, also because some friends of mine reported hermie problems.
The grow the plants were grown in also was used for a couple of batch of other seeds (Nirvana& Sensi), about 4 other strains and none of the females flowered (same medium/grow/ferts..everything...) has shown hermie traits... This makes me presume those traits were in the genetics (parents) of the seeds...

Garden Information for this report
Bloom Wattage Used: 260w to 400w
Average Plant Height: 75
Average Yield per Plant: 1.00
Pruning or Plant Style: Vertical
Fertilization: Mix of chemical and organic
12 square ft grow
400 watt Grolux HPS
Soil and Canna Coco as medium
Fed with Canna Coco a+b, Terra Vega + Flores (soil), pk 13-14, ph adjusted,
380 cmf exhaust fan
Watered once a day
Vegged for 1 month and flowered for 8 weeks.

Grower Report: BROWNTOWN [ VIEW FULL GROWER REPORT ]
Overall Rating: 8 Effect: Somewhat heady
Potency: 7 Stature: Average size
Slow start but really took off. Pretty uniform appearence. Flowering times varied quite abit. Susecptable to mold. Nice yiel... continued

Grower Report: Jack Herrer [ VIEW FULL GROWER REPORT ]
Overall Rating: 7 Effect: Nicely balanced
Potency: 7 Stature: Average size
100% germ rate. 100% females from femmed seeds. No hermies. Pack of 10, grew 5. Indoor, in an extra bathroom, with a 400 watt s... continued

Grower Report: MynameStitch [ VIEW FULL GROWER REPORT ]
Overall Rating: 8 Effect: Somewhat heady
Potency: 8 Stature: Average size
I started off by having 4 seeds, I had terrible time germinating them from my bad water. I then switched over to RO water and us... continued

Palaa etusivulle

Strainguide
Overgrow Strainguide phpBB 3.1 re-resurrection 2016 by Addic