Kuva

I got caught growing and i don't know if my phone is safe to use anymore

International subforum for our non-finnish speaking visitors. English only please!
FRDZukz

I got caught growing and i don't know if my phone is safe to use anymore

ViestiKirjoittaja FRDZukz » 22.3.2021 12:43

Okay so I got caught growing my own weed when the police were called to check on me (trigger warning; talk about serious self-harming ahead) after I had tried to commit suicide. I'm not going into detail about why and what my diagnosis are etc. But I was basically growing this for medical use to treat my mental health. I've studied this a lot, and I know what I am doing. I have also tried the description drugs, but those only make my issues worse. My diagnosis often can not be treated with description drugs at all. Only therapy, meditation etc. can help it. And also medical marijuana can really help the patient. Only in Finland this is not legal. (But honestly I care more about getting the right kind of treatment than about the law here in this case)
So I explained this to the police too (only in much more detail) and all they found at my place was one plant, that wasn't flowering yet, and the remains of 2 auto-plants, that I had cut down some weeks before and maybe about 3 grams of cured weed. So I obviously wasn't growing a lot, they didn't find anything else of interest, and they decided not to take my phone or anything. They took it for maybe 15 minutes, but returned it to me before i was taken to the hospital for treatment for the suicide attempt. They never asked me to open the phone or anything. But the thing is that after this happened my phone has been using a ton of data, the battery life seems to be unstable and yesterday when I was on wickr-me chatting with my regular dealer, who has the kind of stuff that i need, I got a warning message about an app that was apparently recording my screen, or otherwise recording my data. This kind of stuff would indicate that someone is spying on my phone, and ofc it could be a random coincidence that this is all happening now, some time after the shit with the police happened, but I'd like to know how likely it is that they would try to get the permission to listen in on me and/or record my data? What was found at my place wasn't indicating a felony like I said or a serious drug-crime because for fucks sake I am not guilty of one, so technically they shouldn't be legally be able to even get the permission to hack my phone. Unless , ofc, they have somehow convinced a judge to believe that there is indeed a reason to question my story just because they want to, or feel like doing so only because they disagree with me about the drug politics. Not because they have any evidence of a possible felony.
I did call a lawyer today, and she told me that it doesn't sound likely that the police would get the permission to spy on me, but then again, if the really want that permission maybe they know how to get it by twisting the story a bit so they can present me as a suspicious person.
So the question is has anybody any experience in this? How likely is it that they would disrespect my privacy like that? Does that happen much and is there anything I can do? This sucks for me but I also don't want my dealers to get caught because they aren't really hurting anyone by dealing weed, quite the opposite. In my case for example I kinda owe them a lot because they are providing me the thing that keeps me well and alive.

FRDZukz

Re: I got caught growing and i don't know if my phone is safe to use anymore

ViestiKirjoittaja FRDZukz » 22.3.2021 20:07

No I didn't really think I'd have privacy :D

I'm just trying to figure out how likely is the police to play by their own rules and not by the law. Because there really isn't enough evidence to suspect a serious felony like I said. And I know there are cases where people have gotten caught with like 8 plants and some hundreds of grams, and their phones haven't been tapped. But yeah I am just trying to figure out should I be worried that the police is stalking me or should I be worried that someone else is spying on me instead. The timing here is what is making me suspect that it could be the police.

But yeah I'll return the phone to it's factory settings. Hopefully that will get rid of the problem. Thanks!

offdahook

ViestiKirjoittaja offdahook » 19.4.2021 22:04

I would want to back up EVERYTHING Neljakolme has just said.

They now keeping an eye on your plug, but you yourself are not at risk.

Your lawyer does not seem to live in the 'real' world btw.

Gandhi

ViestiKirjoittaja Gandhi » 28.4.2021 12:29

I totally disagree, that low amounts and systems, they are not interested about you and normal cops do not have systems to just plug virus there in minutes.

psyphish
2 tähteä
2 tähteä

ViestiKirjoittaja psyphish » 21.6.2021 18:07

I had 20 plants, most of them tiny "just for fun" type of plants. My phone was definitely tapped, I didn't have a smartphone at the time. I received a letter from the police a few months later notifying me that they had stopped spying.

Gandhi

ViestiKirjoittaja Gandhi » 23.6.2021 11:29

It is much easier to listen normal calls or text Messages, than put your phone ss app etc. but nowadays they dont need so much evidences to do it, becoase terrorist laws etc.

Palaa sivulle “Speakers' Corner”