Kuva

Hello Varsinais-Suomi!

International subforum for our non-finnish speaking visitors. English only please!
username420

Hello Varsinais-Suomi!

ViestiKirjoittaja username420 » 2.4.2014 12:33

I can speak a little bit of the English. How do you do? This site is not very easy to navigate to me, or come in contact with the ones I'm looking for because my Finnish skills are so poor that I must use google-translate all the time to figure out a basic idea of what is going on here. Nice to meet you. Is there something wrong with this place, or does nobody ever post here because there is simply no point of this English speaking section of this forum?

C-unit
1 tähti
1 tähti

Re: Hello Varsinais-Suomi!

ViestiKirjoittaja C-unit » 2.4.2014 12:57

username420 kirjoitti:something wrong with this place, or does nobody ever post here because there is simply no point of this English speaking section of this forum?

The opening thread (read this first) dates way back but however this speaker's corner is relatively new. We had an english speaking section way back in the days but for some reason it was closed and removed, and now back again.

How do you do?

Getting by... Nothing major to complain about, nothing major to be cheerful for. I smoked weed last friday, a friend of mine shared a bong base, it was nice, as always. I used to be a hardcore daily smoker but i did the math and ended up with a conclusion that it (daily tokin') affected me more negatively than positively so nowadays i am smoking less but enjoying more.

Let us know how your spring is going and welcome to Turku (i got the impression you are new here...)
"Then it came to me, what things in life are truly vital. Living to the fullest without being suicidal. I'd rather be a nobody than a foolish idol. It came to me what things in life are truly vital"

oldirty
2 tähteä
2 tähteä

ViestiKirjoittaja oldirty » 2.4.2014 12:59

Howdy! You are the first who made it this far. But now you are here so welcome bro. Nice to have you here. :)
the Effects are very strange, and, at first hearing, frightful enough) is very general and frequent: and the Person, from whom I received it, hath made very many Trials of it, on himself, with very good Effect.

Wiitop

ViestiKirjoittaja Wiitop » 2.4.2014 13:30

Greetings from close by as well. If you need any help navigating/asking questions/translating feel free to ask, I browse the forums daily.

And yeah, I think you're just the first English speaker to wander into here pretty much, this place is mostly dead.

Bravia420

ViestiKirjoittaja Bravia420 » 3.4.2014 22:42

Hi and welcome!
There's some basic translation

Kasvatuksen ABC-Growing ABC
Sisäkasvatus-Indoor growing
Ulkokasvatus-Outdoor growing
Erikoisjärjestelmät-Special systems
Kokemuksia-Experiences
Hamppulajikkeet-Cannabis strains
KaLaInfo-Cannabis strain info
Basaari-Bazaar
Politiikka ja media-Politics and media
Yleiskeskustelu-Overall discussion (I don't know exact translate)
Matkailu-Travelling
Kannabiksen lääkekäyttö-Cannabis as medication
Vapaavyöhyke-Freezone
Toimisto-Office
Tuhkakuppi-Sandbox

Some basic words/slang terms that you may not find at translator

Siemen/Siidu-Seed
Kukka/Nuppu/Budi-Bud
Lehti/Lefa/Heinä-Leaf/Grass
Älyämpäri/Kyykkä-Gravitybong
Lätkä/Lätty/PL-Soap bar
Käry/Hatsi/Hitti-Toke
Fikti/Figu-Scale
Kyttä/Sika/Kyybeli-Cop
Trolli-Trol
Vasikka-Snitch
Koira/Hurtta/Piski-Dog (usually means drug detective dogs)
Kyttis-Police station
Klädi/Grippi-Small plasticbag
Massi/Fyffe-Cash
HuPu/HuPu2-Finnish cannabis growing bible
Nisti/Narkkari-Drug addict
Pesä-Bowl
Stadi-Helsinki
Karsta-"oil" that gather around water chamber when you smoke enough
Nitkut/Kitkut-You wanna smoke pot, but you haven't any
Jonne-Minor (offensive term)
Päivi Räsänen-Finnish politician that wants to ban pretty much everything
Sossu-Social worker

If you found that helpfull i can ad more words here. There might be some mistakes and bad language somewhere, i was little bit under the influence when i wroted this :D
"Lähtee ne huolet, vaik ei se niit poista, mut hetkellinen vapaus on kyllä aikamoista!"

Tulintakas

ViestiKirjoittaja Tulintakas » 4.4.2014 13:15

Some people might still talk about a notorious forum member named Turisti. Turisti means a tourist, it might cause some misunderstandings. :)

username420

ViestiKirjoittaja username420 » 4.4.2014 23:21

WOW! Thanks for the responses, you all. This is rather surprising to me, how welcoming and warm you folks are. Thank you! How fantastic! I would love to write more in response to all of you, but I just now realized all of these responses, and it is so late here for me to write everything I'd like to say.I really should participate more here soon! I hope you have a nice weekend!

Wiitop

ViestiKirjoittaja Wiitop » 4.4.2014 23:32

username420 kirjoitti:WOW! Thanks for the responses, you all. This is rather surprising to me, how welcoming and warm you folks are. Thank you! How fantastic! I would love to write more in response to all of you, but I just now realized all of these responses, and it is so late here for me to write everything I'd like to say.I really should participate more here soon! I hope you have a nice weekend!

Where are you from if I may ask?

username420

ViestiKirjoittaja username420 » 5.4.2014 15:20

Posted 5.4.2014 15:56:
Wiitop kirjoitti:...

Where are you from if I may ask?

I come from North America.
----------
Lisätty 5 minuutin jälkeen:

oldirty kirjoitti:Howdy! You are the first who made it this far. But now you are here so welcome bro. Nice to have you here. :)

Howdy!? Thank you so much for such a nice warm welcome, oldirty. I would like to participate more often here. I noticed you have exactly four hundred and twenty posts.
----------

Tulintakas kirjoitti:Some people might still talk about a notorious forum member named Turisti. Turisti means a tourist, it might cause some misunderstandings. :)

It is very hard for me to understand anything here, and as you might have realized, google translate from Finnish to English or vice versa sucks big time. I tried taking this silly beginner's grass growing test in order to even send a private message, but I failed because the google translate was so bad, and it wasted 15 minutes of my time. I had to get help from somebody to translate it for me, and it still was quite hard to understand what they meant at times. I don't know if I would understand much of what people are talking about around here. I'm trying to make some good Finnish friends though. They're hard to come by when you don't speak the language and you are an alien. I'm working on my Finnish language skills, but it seems like it will take another 25 years of studying and practicing. Thanks, Tulintakas.
----------

Bravia420 kirjoitti:Hi and welcome!
There's some basic translation...

If you found that helpful i can ad more words here. There might be some mistakes and bad language somewhere, i was little bit under the influence when i wroted this :D

Thank you, Bravia420! This is very useful and must have taken you some time! I think I will be referring to this post in the near future. You got a lot less typos than when I'm influenced! :D
----------
Lisätty 7 minuutin jälkeen:

C-unit kirjoitti:...

The opening thread (read this first) dates way back but however this speaker's corner is relatively new. We had an english speaking section way back in the days but for some reason it was closed and removed, and now back again.

Getting by... Nothing major to complain about, nothing major to be cheerful for. I smoked weed last friday, a friend of mine shared a bong base, it was nice, as always. I used to be a hardcore daily smoker but i did the math and ended up with a conclusion that it (daily tokin') affected me more negatively than positively so nowadays i am smoking less but enjoying more.

Let us know how your spring is going and welcome to Turku (i got the impression you are new here...)

Hey C-unit! It's nice to here you are surviving! That's something to be thankful for. I got drunk last Friday. It's good to hear you are enjoying more. I'm absolutely loving the spring time here. This is the mildest winter I've had here in Finland! I love seeing the robins looking for worms in the grass during the daytime, and hear all the different spring birds chirping. I'm so glad the winter is over, because I super much enjoy riding my bike in the nice sunshine. Even if it is not as warm as I'd like, it has the right spectrum!

Wiitop

ViestiKirjoittaja Wiitop » 5.4.2014 16:02

Post count gets capped at 420 :P

And yeah, Finnish language is one of the hardest ones in the world afaik.

And the mildest winter in Finland? Mildest winter in my 23 years of living, was kind of weird even lol. But the summer is something to look forward to, i bet it's going to be nice. Awesome spring so far.

Bravia420

ViestiKirjoittaja Bravia420 » 6.4.2014 22:21

No problem bro! Finnish language is difficult to learn as it said, but luckily most of people here speaks and understands english quite well. I will also write some more slang terms here, next week will be so stressful at high school, lots of exams etc. but at weekend i have lots of time :)
"Lähtee ne huolet, vaik ei se niit poista, mut hetkellinen vapaus on kyllä aikamoista!"

username420

ViestiKirjoittaja username420 » 8.4.2014 20:12

Bravia420 kirjoitti:No problem bro! Finnish language is difficult to learn as it said, but luckily most of people here speaks and understands english quite well. I will also write some more slang terms here, next week will be so stressful at high school, lots of exams etc. but at weekend i have lots of time :)

I've heard the high school exams are super stressful here. I hope you do well. School is almost over, the Vappu is coming up soon so soon either you or some people you know will be celebrating in hopefully very nice weather. It is somewhat amusing to me to walk through the parks in Turku on May Day, because I've never seen so many liquor bottles and beer cans and Asians and Gypsi people running around super fast collecting them in my entire life, not even on Queens day in Amsterdam. Don't forget all the people pissing on the fence, and even groups of girls squatting down pissing in the bushes, or on the newspaper of Helsinki Sanomat in the front of parliement parliament with pee running down the hill or whatever it was. The list you made is super useful. I bet a lot of English speakers here did not pass the test because they could not understand. I failed even with translate.google.com. I'm not sure you guys know to what extent that works for Finnish to English.

Wiitop

ViestiKirjoittaja Wiitop » 8.4.2014 22:38

username420 kirjoitti:...

I've heard the high school exams are super stressful here. I hope you do well. School is almost over, the Vappu is coming up soon so soon either you or some people you know will be celebrating in hopefully very nice weather. It is somewhat amusing to me to walk through the parks in Turku on May Day, because I've never seen so many liquor bottles and beer cans and Asians and Gypsi people running around super fast collecting them in my entire life, not even on Queens day in Amsterdam. Don't forget all the people pissing on the fence, and even groups of girls squatting down pissing in the bushes, or on the newspaper of Helsinki Sanomat in the front of parliement parliament with pee running down the hill or whatever it was. The list you made is super useful. I bet a lot of English speakers here did not pass the test because they could not understand. I failed even with translate.google.com. I'm not sure you guys know to what extent that works for Finnish to English.

Yup, lots of people extremely drunk that day, I usually try and avoid public places when it happens lol.

Yeah Finnish is the worst language to translate with google sometimes, words have so many different meanings. If the moderator reads this I can volunteer to translate it to English.

Jack The Reaper
2 tähteä
2 tähteä

ViestiKirjoittaja Jack The Reaper » 15.4.2014 13:16

I used to hook up two americans working in northern finland.. Man those were the days...

It would be nice to meet and maybe on my side trip back to those days....

My woman also has spent two years in the states..

I'll private message you...

-J :mrgreen:

username420

ViestiKirjoittaja username420 » 25.4.2014 19:49

That's cool. Spring time in Finland is awesome now, right?

Wiitop

ViestiKirjoittaja Wiitop » 26.4.2014 0:49

username420 kirjoitti:That's cool. Spring time in Finland is awesome now, right?

Amazing weather so far at least.

username420

ViestiKirjoittaja username420 » 1.5.2014 19:10

Yes, except for winter just came back for a quick moment.

Danxter

ViestiKirjoittaja Danxter » 3.5.2014 2:54

Yeah, same here in Helsinki. Hadn't looked out for like five minutes and and was all snowy and shit outside. And one hour later sun shined and all the snow had melted. :laugh: Random.

Ju$ba

ViestiKirjoittaja Ju$ba » 16.5.2014 1:27

Danxter kirjoitti:Yeah, same here in Helsinki. Hadn't looked out for like five minutes and and was all snowy and shit outside. And one hour later sun shined and all the snow had melted. :laugh: Random.

I didn't even notice this :D.

mehow

ViestiKirjoittaja mehow » 21.11.2014 9:45

A bit of a digression:

Bravia420 kirjoitti:Hi and welcome!
There's some basic translation
[...]
KaLaInfo-Cannabis strain info
Basaari-Bazaar
Politiikka ja media-Politics and media
[...]

I can't see the 'Basaari' part of the forum. I have a tent and a bunch of stuff that goes with it that I should (sadly :/) get rid of. Is there a good place to post about it?

Palaa sivulle “Speakers' Corner”