Kuva

Refuse blood test?

International subforum for our non-finnish speaking visitors. English only please!
Finlandssvensk

Refuse blood test?

ViestiKirjoittaja Finlandssvensk » 29.3.2017 15:53

Hey guys!

Can you refuse to give a blood test and pee instead in case you get pulled over and get drug tested?

I was taken to the hospital where the nurse performed a blood test and guess what, THE FUCKING NEEDLE BROKE and got stuck in my arm pushed in way too far.

I'm very eager to find out if I can choose to pee in a cup instead of risking that shit happening again.

Thank you very much for your answers :)

Freeway

Re: Refuse blood test?

ViestiKirjoittaja Freeway » 29.3.2017 19:17

If caught behind the wheel and suspected anything but alcohol, it's always a blood test, you can´t refuse from it any way. Get a good lawyer, and hope they find only 0,00000001% metabolites, then there's a minimal possibility you can prove you was not under influense while driving.

Finlandssvensk

ViestiKirjoittaja Finlandssvensk » 29.3.2017 19:46

Thank you for your reply!

That seems strange to me, but I wouldn't doubt the law is that stupid.

Are you sure you can't pee in a cup instead? Does anybody know why there is a reason?

I'm sure as hell gonna put up a fight next time they come near me with that needle. Last time a bitch stabbed me!

Finlandssvensk

ViestiKirjoittaja Finlandssvensk » 29.3.2017 19:53

I am not kidding when I'm saying that the blood test needle broke while it was inside my arm and was accidentally pushed in at least twice too far. I bet that if I brought it up when I go to court neither the policemen or the nurse would remember the incident. I regret not making a bigger deal of the situation

psyphish
2 tähteä
2 tähteä

ViestiKirjoittaja psyphish » 29.3.2017 20:47

No one is free. You can't refuse anything, the evil system can do what ever it wants to you. The police is your enemy and they will treat you as one.

Finlandssvensk

ViestiKirjoittaja Finlandssvensk » 30.3.2017 9:00

Does anyone have experience of this?

Has anyone wrestled with the cops over this?

Will they really hold you down and stab you by force before they let you pee in a cup?

It would be awesome to hear some stories.

Cops are class traitors, cowards and the systems little racist bitches.

BuffaloSoldier

ViestiKirjoittaja BuffaloSoldier » 30.3.2017 10:42

I have been tested a few times while driving but always with the fast "lollipop" test. I smoke every single day, but I wait at least 5-7 hours before going to drive and the test has been negative every single time.

Same with alcohol, just the fast version of tests and always a negative. I hope I don't have to give blood test ever, I like it this way better :D
Dance inna Babylon.

Freeway

ViestiKirjoittaja Freeway » 30.3.2017 20:23

Again, you can't refuse from a giving blood sample. They really can tie you up or officers hold you down while doctor takes the sample. But that requires you've been caught behind the wheel. If cops suspect you have used any illegal substances, they first do a "lollipop" test. If you refuse from it, they take you to a hospital for a blood sample. That goes also if lollipop shows positive. In Finland they use a test named "Drugwipe 6".

If you're walking on a street, cops can still try to test you with lollipop, but you have rights and can refuse from it. But behind the wheel, you don't have any rights or possibilities to avoid further examination.

Finlandssvensk

ViestiKirjoittaja Finlandssvensk » 31.3.2017 18:57

Again, thank you so much for your responses. I think it is great to discuss these things for everybodys safety.

I've read a post on the Flashback forum where multiple people confirmed that Swedish police will wrestle you down as well while the nurse/doctor took the blood test unless of course you can prove you have hemophilia. I didn't think it was as bad here in Finland, but I guess I was wrong. They didn't know the reason why you can't choose to pee instead, either. I would love to know that.

It's incredibly intrusive and invasive of them to be able to forcefully penetrate you with a needle and withdraw blood when you could be completely innocent. Why can't you pee instead??

It doesn't make sense to me at all...

toohi
2 tähteä
2 tähteä

ViestiKirjoittaja toohi » 4.4.2017 3:06

Actually when the law was written, blood sample -option was included for your benefit. It was thought that you could measure the actual intoxication from blood better and more reliable (and much shorter time after last puffs) than from a pee sample. Since then the blood sample technology has evolved and it is still more reliable, but also the time of getting positive after last puffs has increased even longer compared to pee samples. Original idea was that from blood you could get positive result maximum 24 hours later, while from the pee sample could give you positive anywhere between 7 to 60 days after last usage. Legislator meant that you should not be punished with DUI if you aren't intoxicated while driving, but the law is broken at the moment.

The problem has been noticed on supreme court, but there's not enough political will to change the legislation. Blood sample is considered more reliable and maybe also cheaper than lab tests of pee samples. Not sure about the price, though.

-toohi

Finlandssvensk

ViestiKirjoittaja Finlandssvensk » 4.4.2017 11:17

Thanks again for the awesome responses.

Imagine this situation, fellow stoners;

A person with hemophilia who does not speak English gets pulled over and tested positive with the swab test.

The person panicks because he/she knows what will happen next and knows there is no way to communicate the issue.

The person tries to refuse the blood test, gets wrestled down, gets stabbed and then dies bleeding there on the floor.

Great job Finnish Police and law enforcement system for making this a completely possible scenario. This could have easily happened already, and it's only really a matter of time before it does happen.

Dear Finnish Police,

Fuck you guys so fucking hard. FUCK YOU! I really hope you read this, fucking scum of the earth. Don't forget for a second that the only people u protect and serve are the wealthy. Fucking class traitors, that's what you all are.

Sincerely

Finlandssvensk

Freeway

ViestiKirjoittaja Freeway » 15.4.2017 21:46

Take it easy, friend. The end of the end. purely it's you'r personal choice if you wan't test the system. :) Don't drive 2-3d after your last puff, and you'll be ok.

Palaa sivulle “Speakers' Corner”