Kuva

Health screening after getting driving ban

International subforum for our non-finnish speaking visitors. English only please!
koi

Health screening after getting driving ban

ViestiKirjoittaja koi » 28.1.2022 16:51

So 11.7 got caught driving under influence of weed, for some reason test was positive even though last smoke was at least 5 hours before. It was the paper test and afterwards blood sample was taken. Fast forward few months I got my license back paid the fine but now after few more months got letter from the police to send back my confirmation on something that goes

Olen ymmärtänyt että minut määrätään toimittamaan päihdealaan perehtyneen lääkärin lausunto terveysvaatimusten täyttyymisestä ja suostun siihen, että päätös lähetetään tavallisena kirjeenä postitse.

I honestly thought that consequences was already taken and I will not hear from them anymore.
My question is what does it actually imply, what will happen now and how long it will take before they will not be interested in my person any more

toljanteri

Re: Health screening after getting driving ban

ViestiKirjoittaja toljanteri » 28.1.2022 17:06

koi kirjoitti:So 11.7 got caught driving under influence of weed, for some reason test was positive even though last smoke was at least 5 hours before. It was the paper test and afterwards blood sample was taken. Fast forward few months I got my license back paid the fine but now after few more months got letter from the police to send back my confirmation on something that goes

Olen ymmärtänyt että minut määrätään toimittamaan päihdealaan perehtyneen lääkärin lausunto terveysvaatimusten täyttyymisestä ja suostun siihen, että päätös lähetetään tavallisena kirjeenä postitse.

I honestly thought that consequences was already taken and I will not hear from them anymore.
My question is what does it actually imply, what will happen now and how long it will take before they will not be interested in my person any more

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in Finland simply waiting a few months to get the license back is not enough if you get caught with weed. Instead, you have to get doctor's statement/notice that you are now "drug free". and provide that to the authorities This means a couple of months of going to the clinic weekly(?) and giving an urine sample so they can test it for illicit substances, as they now assume you are addicted to drugs and won't drive without being under the influence. This can happen even if you are not caught while actually driving, simply possession of weed can cause this trouble to people who have driver's license. It's insane and bullying weed smokers, since it's pretty much the only drug that stays in the system and urine for so long.

Really sorry you have to go through this. I haven't personally witnessed this, but I have friends that had to go through this process simply because they were caught with weed and had a driver's license, you don't necessarily need to even have a car for this to happen...

toljanteri

ViestiKirjoittaja toljanteri » 28.1.2022 17:07

EDIT: Accidental double post..

Might as well add here since you asked, I think it can take up to a couple of months (maybe 3?) of these screenings until you get the statement needed from the doctors.

koi

ViestiKirjoittaja koi » 28.1.2022 17:28

toljanteri kirjoitti:EDIT: Accidental double post..

Might as well add here since you asked, I think it can take up to a couple of months (maybe 3?) of these screenings until you get the statement needed from the doctors.

Do they point the place in response to that statement ?
Like sent the invitation ?

toljanteri

ViestiKirjoittaja toljanteri » 28.1.2022 17:35

koi kirjoitti:
toljanteri kirjoitti:EDIT: Accidental double post..

Do they point the place in response to that statement ?
Like sent the invitation ?

I'm not 100% sure if I understand what you mean, but the place you have to go for these appointments depends on where you live. I think any local public health center can guide you to the right direction (or the authorities/police who took your license away in the first place, most likely your local police).

https://paihdelinkki.fi/en/info-bank/ar ... lity-drive
This has some information in English about the process.

"In the case of narcotic substances, the police often ask for a doctor’s assessment after the first recorded incident. The client must take note of the time limit within which the doctor’s certificate is to be produced to the police. The time limit is stated in the written request issued by the police, and it is two to three months, at minimum. If the doctor’s certificate is not produced in time, the client may lose their right to drive. Further details on individual cases involving a doctor’s assessment can be inquired at the permit office at your local police station."

And I think you have to book/do this yourself, there won't be further invitations or orders.

Everywhere I speak about a statement or notice, I mean this certificate which seems to be the official name in English.

username420

ViestiKirjoittaja username420 » 30.1.2022 1:35

I am sorry you must go through their scrutiny. I know it sucks. You are the real victim here.

Ive seen this happen a few times. This guy toljaneri has good advice. One thing that i would like to add, is that they will make you go through the rigamarole of getting a doctor to invite you to come see him a few times and take the piss test, and I cant recommend enough for you if you can afford to go see a private doctor, not some charlatan they tell you to go to that is for free. maybe its like 60€more and the private doctor that act like, "Wtf, this is silly" and write your note after a few visits.

And some information that might be useful to you:
I have not heard of any follow ups, meaning they don't send anybody to your place to heck and see if you ave not started again. When people in Finland get caught growing weed, they go through the paper work and send the guy to court and make him feel bad; they make him pay a fine, and give 'paper jail' where they give you extra time in jail IF you commit ANOTHER crime which is worth of jail-time. Growing weed under a certain amount for yourself again is not in fact worthy of jail time, so they make you pay a another fine.

Therefore, the next thing I recommend to you is to grow some weed while you sort this out, so that when they get out of your life, you got a a great big fat sack to blaze.

koi

ViestiKirjoittaja koi » 4.2.2022 20:30

username420 kirjoitti:I am sorry you must go through their scrutiny. I know it sucks. You are the real victim here.

Ive seen this happen a few times. This guy toljaneri has good advice. One thing that i would like to add, is that they will make you go through the rigamarole of getting a doctor to invite you to come see him a few times and take the piss test, and I cant recommend enough for you if you can afford to go see a private doctor, not some charlatan they tell you to go to that is for free. maybe its like 60€more and the private doctor that act like, "Wtf, this is silly" and write your note after a few visits.

And some information that might be useful to you:
I have not heard of any follow ups, meaning they don't send anybody to your place to heck and see if you ave not started again. When people in Finland get caught growing weed, they go through the paper work and send the guy to court and make him feel bad; they make him pay a fine, and give 'paper jail' where they give you extra time in jail IF you commit ANOTHER crime which is worth of jail-time. Growing weed under a certain amount for yourself again is not in fact worthy of jail time, so they make you pay a another fine.

Therefore, the next thing I recommend to you is to grow some weed while you sort this out, so that when they get out of your life, you got a a great big fat sack to blaze.

Can u tell me how to search for such a doctor in Finnish like how this is called so I can Google it?

I'm pretty familiar with the law and so on and fat sack are there so no worries :D

I just got surprised by this action as it came with big delay

Squeek

ViestiKirjoittaja Squeek » 23.2.2022 13:45

If you go to a-klinikka, drug screening free of charge. Getting started is pretty easy, just walk in a-klinikka whenever it's open. Take your notice/letter you received from the law enforcement with you. They will either take piss sample directly at a-klinikka or send you to local hospital laboratory to do so, usually once per month. Usually it's some kind of discussion session with nurse at a-klinikka and within a week there's drug screening. They will check liver function from blood and drugs from pee sample. After three (or six) months of drug & alcohol screening doctor will write a paper which you will deliver to police station. Depending how you appear/speak at a-klinikka doctor might want to see you again in half a year or up to 5 years, or never again. As personal experience I never drove under the influence, but still had to go to these screenings twice due to attempt of possession of cannabis. First time I got my drivers license back for one year, second time it was permanent. Good luck.

I have also heard you can do this without a-klinikka but I've no experience from that.

Käyttäjäntunnus

ViestiKirjoittaja Käyttäjäntunnus » 9.4.2023 13:16

I just drove without license for 5 years and then got a new license. That or 6 months of pissing in the cup once a month..

D34DH34D

ViestiKirjoittaja D34DH34D » 4.9.2023 22:38

Dude, you need to go to "drug screening" rather than to "health screening".

Palaa sivulle “Speakers' Corner”